Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fraizer Park Barn

Fraizer Park Barn by elle3b
Fraizer Park Barn, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.

Friday I went to Fraizer Park again. On the way home last time I spotted this great old barn, so I ventured back to it today.

Most everything was painted that day on site, but then back in my studio I found some other things to resolve.

The process of inventing, observing, simplifying, yet communicating were pulling me in different directions. It was a struggle, but I think I came to a fair conclusion.

I felt as though I was on a teeter tooter with this one, towards the end as I was refining the finishing touches. Working mostly from my memory and responding to the painting itself. I had taken some photos, but I decided to work intuitively rather than literally. Good practice, and difficult.

14" x 18" Plein Air Painting
Oil on Panel

No comments: