Friday, August 19, 2011

San Francisquito Riverbed

San Francisquito Riverbed by elle3b
San Francisquito Riverbed, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.

Last Friday I painted out in the Summer Heat. Myself and another woman painter, scoping out various scenic possibilities.
First Stop was a beautiful scene, worthy of painting, yet challenging due to a ton (literally) of construction debris littered in the foreground. I couldn't see past it! Not this time, when I was so looking forward to beauty. It was just beyond me at that point. So we continued.

Up to road was this scene, not an "in your face" obvious subject, yet I found interesting design in the riverbed. So here we are quietly painting off the road were approached by several male spectators.

One fellow inquired about directions. Another man resembling ZZ Top that worked/lived as a Blacksmith in a abandoned mining site, invited us up for a Plein air painting expedition sometime. The last one stopped while we ate our tail-gate lunches with words and innuendos I would rather not publish.

Quite a different experience from when I paint or go out with male painters, or my husband.

We finished up after lunch and too much heat to go up the road a bit further to Lake Elizabeth. Where we found beautiful cool shade and shoreline. I will post that painting next. It was a full day with an interesting cast of characters. I wonder when I look back at this painting if I will remember all these scenarios? I guess that is why the blog is good as well.

9" x 12" Plein Air Study in Oils on Panel

No comments: