Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Water's Edge- Lake Elizabeth

Water's Edge- Lake Elizabeth by elle3b
Water's Edge- Lake Elizabeth, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.

Escaping the heat we wondered over to Lake Elizabeth. The welcoming relief of a watery shoreline soothed me. Part of me just wanted to sit there quietly, not paint at all, just soak in the stillness.

I think if I had a wish it would be to be able to come back a second or third day after a quiet time with a place before I paint it. I want to know the thing more intimately, feel what I am painting. Everything is so spontaneous. I need time to contemplate quiet down, honor what I represent.

How much of this is about the art or about the artist? The boundaries blur as I write this. I want time to respect and honor my acts.

9" x 12" Plien Air Study
Oil on Panel

No comments: