Sunday, September 04, 2011

The Rønningen Boys

The Rønningen Boys by elle3b
The Rønningen Boys, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.

This is a painting I did from a snapshot I took in Norway. These children run around today on a farm I stayed at about 40 years ago.

Bittersweet memories come flooding towards me, but I try hard to keep it together. ( A long back story).

A young family resides there now. Their sweet young boys play in the tall grasses glancing at this tall brunette stranger who speaks in this foreign tongue while holding back her tears.

Strange to revisit a place, to remember the people, the memories you fight back. It all reaches deeply into my heart.

Hard to believe all this coming now as I write. This place, the Rønningen Family, my family, Norway. It is all so far away, yet so very close to me. Really part of me.

16" x 20" Oil on Panel

No comments: