Saturday, July 07, 2012

Rock Solid

Rock Solid
Rock Solid, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.
Ventured out with a few other painters to a wonderful little meadow up in the mountains of Fraizer Park.

My main objective with the couple of paintings I did were to have strong design and interesting color harmonies. They are probably color studies more than anything else.

Again the art is reflecting something about the artist...

This place which is often referred to as "Center of the Earth" has a beautiful calm about it. If I would stop long enough to let nature sooth me as I know it can.

Sometimes I wish I had days in a location where I could tune in quietly, by myself and find that balance or harmony I am looking for both in art and in my life.
For me this search in art has been rough going lately.Maybe it is the struggle to learn more and expectations I have for myself.

9" x 12" Plein Air Study in Oils on Panel

No comments: