Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Woman Warrior

The Woman Warrior by elle3b
The Woman Warrior, a photo by elle3b on Flickr.

Creating a backdrop or scene to support the character and story I am telling was the challenge of this pose. Many artists work easily from their imagination to create wonderful scenes for their viewers. I am not that type of artist. I have spent so many years representing or interpreting what is within my view, I find this type of fabrication very difficult, but I am wanting to bring more into my work and the scenes I create. 

The model sat for us and my imagination transformed her and this simple interior into her personal court. Here is where she finds a moment to lessen her guard yet never her grip. A barrier to her vulnerability.


Invention was my challenge yesterday, and though the painting may or may not be the best I can do, I still find the expansion to my creative process worthwhile and the push to do more satisfying.
18" x 24" Life Study
Oil on Panel

No comments: